Friday, January 19, 2007

2007

Zaryff started std 1 this year. After 3 girls, it was really a new experience to buy school uniforms other than baju kurung and pinafore..... hehe.

On the first day of school (3 Jan 2007) we arrived at 7:30 am! Luckily the perhimpunan has'nt started. Got caught up in the traffic jam on the way to my daughter's school. Zaryff didnt think the 1st day of school is a big deal and he showed his "selamba" look most part of the morning. He only became excited when the bell rang for recess.

Anastassia and Puteri was excited to start the year too. They understood that I had to go to their brother's school on the first day. However, I did go to their school for a while to show some support, esp to Puteri.....

8 Jan 2007.... Mia's registration in boarding school. She was so happy, and her confidence showed. Deep inside, I really thank her teachers in primary school for molding my firstborn from a shy and timid girl to a person with such strong personality. She was saying hello here and there to other new students, peramah jugak anak mama ni..... I'm also seeing a new side of her today.....

Her dorm consists of 8 beds, its airy, comfy and clean. In the evening, as I waved her goodbye, I told her to call whenever she's free, at least once and latest by Friday so that'll I'll know what she needs on Saturday.

I slept that night, fully aware that there was less one child in the house. I waited by the phone just in case she calls. uh-uh the phone stared back at me. Tuesday passed by without a peep. Wednesday.... Thursday..... I started to get restless. FINALLY she called at 5:30pm on FRIDAY.....

Her voice was cheerfull and she said that she was fine. During the short conversation, I realized.... that my firstborn does not even miss me!!! sob...sob.... (although deep inside I'm happy as this means that she's adjusting well to her new environment)

Mia said that she was selected as the class Assistant Monitor and she has to sing solo (or duet) for the Orientation Night. I almost laughed out loud as although she has a good voice, she would never sing in public... esp on stage.....

I'm still adjusting with not having Mia with me every day. I also make a point not to let her know how much I'm missing her. Which is hard because I am close to her more than my other children as she has matured at the age of 11, and we can talk about anything under the sun. (No, I dont play favourites but the other 3 are kids and immature, so the relationship is different)

Can't wait to go and see her performance afterwards.

No comments: