Monday, January 22, 2007

Talent Time

It was the day to remember.

Although it rained cat and dogs at first, and my pants and shoes got soaked, the day proved to be one of the best days in my life. First I could see Mia after 5 days, and second because I can see her perform!

As usual I brought along my video cam and camera. Mia came out to sing 30 minutes into the performance. She sang without music (they just found out that the cassette was not available and it was to late to change songs) Her voice was commendable, dia menyanyi penuh perasaan, she gave her all, that girl of mine..... I was so nervous that I could not hold the video properly. Entah apa2 mama ni....hehe

I thought that was it, and was quite frustarted knowing that the video wasnt taken properly. At the end of the show, as the penutup the whole batch had to sing 2 songs. And my little girl and her duet friend came out again and sang a song each, in which the rest of the batch sang the chorus part! She was actually heading the Form 1's. She stood in the middle of other students, singing and dancing and glowing ... my.... She is really enjoying herself. I can tell that she's really letting her hair down. Sebak dada mama, I can feel myself bursting with pride... I felt so proud of my girl as I can see that she is embracing her new life with such confidence and ease.... venturing into area that she had never explored before.... this is a new Mia..... a better Mia.... and as I had always told her. "Mia, you have all the opportunities in the world. Pls be less shy and be more aggressive"

I'm so happy because I feel that she has so much talent, yet her shyness prevents her from going further. Although she excelled in school academically and very active in koko samapi dapat anugerah Pelajar Cemerlang Koko, with all jawatans that she holds.... deep inside I know that if she is less shy.... she can become an evern stronger individual. She had made me proud when she came out tops in class, then continuously the school's top 10 student, then presenting the State/School on numerous occassion.... but on 19 Jan 2007, I felt different.... the glow on my face was different. Knowing that once she proves that she can perform on stage, she is now capable in doing lots more..... debates, public speaking, and other areas that requires standing in front of a big audience.... (tapi anak mama jangan nak nyanyi lebih2 .....hehe)

My darling Mia, the Orientation Week has ended. My hope for you is to continue to be Cemerlang, Gemilang, Terbilang in both your studies and koko activities. And you can have the world at your feet.

No comments: